"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds . . ." Wm Shakespeare

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Changed, from the Inside/Out

I think David’s prayer in Psalm 51:10 didn’t ask so much that He change our hearts from lying, cheating, stealing, hatred, critical and all the other basic human behavior we tend to default to. 

Rather, I am beginning to believe it’s that God changes our hearts so wherever there is unbelief in our worthiness of love, acceptance & approval, we then believe we are how He sees us. 

In asking God to change our heart, I believe once God changes our hearts attitude, our wrong belief system, the lies we’ve come to believe based upon how the world sees things or how we were brought up to believe about this, that or the other thing, it will change our behavior and we will no longer be so judgmental, biased, angry, bitter, critical or any other fleshly behavior. 

I believe once God changes our hearts so we believe what He says about us, we will be changed from the inside out.

So here’s me asking along-side David, “change my heart O God, make me ever new”.

And, here’s to whatever journey you’re on as God changes you from the inside/out.

Girl on a Journey of Discovery

No comments:

Post a Comment