"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds . . ." Wm Shakespeare

Thursday, January 5, 2012

I've been Patiently Waiting

Ever since I moved into my little home I've been waiting for one thing and one thing only.
Well, of course there are many things I looked forward to in finally having my own little place, but this one thing I anticipated right from the beginning and tonight it has happened.

So, you are probably wondering and thinking 'just get on with it, tell us what it is' so I will.

I'm sitting in m
y perfect little living room, in my recliner, fireplace is on and little twinkly lights are casting a cozy-room ambiance within. Looking out at the street light I see beautiful white snowflakes cascading down, down, down to the ground. They are shining in the light and it is a truly delightful sight to me.

I love winter, I don't mind shoveling, sweeping and cleaning off the car. I even find enjoyment driving down roads that have been barely cleared. But, the thing I love most about winter, in the deadness seen all around, is the snow we have to make the cold and dreary season a thing of beauty. At least it is to me.

I take delight in seeing kids playing in it. I love the look of it in the sunlight and snow can even make a cloudy day look better, at least it does for me.

So I'm going to make a hot cup of something-or-other, curl up in my favorite chair and watch the snow falling in the streetlight outside my window.

I hope, even if winter is not your favorite season, that when you look outside and see it falling you can forget all the dreariness and take a bit of pleasure in seeing snow brighten up the dreary days of winter.

Blessings to you all
Journey Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment