"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds . . ." Wm Shakespeare

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Rejoice Always

1st Thessalonians 5:16 ~ rejoice always . . . . this verse has always tripped me up. I’d wonder how it’s possible to rejoice always in the face of so many trials and traumas, when my heart is breaking and I’m feeling so sad and alone.


Well, as we give thanks in everything (1 Thess. 5:18), we can also rejoice in spite of our circumstances because of the ‘goodness’ of God, but also because of all Christ has done for us, for all God provides for us emotionally, mentally, spiritually even when our physical, social, financial lives may be falling apart. We just have to choose to help ourselves to all He has made available to help us through those challenges.


I’m really beginning to see how God’s Word all works together to encourage, exhort and build us up.


Blessings, Girl on a Journey of discovery

No comments:

Post a Comment