"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds . . ." Wm Shakespeare

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Waking Early

Living in an apartment on the 9th floor has both it's advantages and disadvantages for a bona-fide country girl, but this morning I woke early and could pretend for a while I was living in the country with not a city sound to be heard.

I woke before the traffic began, before the sun came up, before most people get up and opened my window. Joy of joys I heard birds singing. It has been so long since I heard their early-morning song the sound burst in my mind and heart.

People will ask if I'm a morning or night person and for years I've said 'morning person'. There is so much I love about waking up before everyone else, and this morning was no exception.

I have been so full of what's wrong in this world and in my life that I've laid aside the good things . . . . like waking up to the sound of the birds and no other noise.

All I can say is Thanks Abba

Blessings to you as you open your eyes and ears to the wonders that surround us if we can find them.

Girl on a Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment