"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds . . ." Wm Shakespeare

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Other Blogs

A friend sent me a link to an article she was reading. I enjoyed the truth of it so much I went to the Bloggers Home page and found more good reading.

I submit it here: http://files.therebelgod.com/derek-floodBio.html for your reading pleasure and hope you find it as refreshing as I do. (you may have to cut and paste the link)

This Blog is called The Rebel God. The title alone would catch my attention but this guy flies in the face of useless man-made traditions and beliefs and goes for the gold. I like it. I like it a lot because it's truth with a capital T and I'm hungry for truth.

But here, I'll put part of his Bio in his own words as I believe the author always says it best:
"As far as my religious background goes, I am a born again spirit filled Christian. Since I care about the poor and marginalized and believe in grace over law, I don't relate to the religious right. But since I believe in a real heaven and resurrection I don't relate to the religious left either. I prefer the "radical center" of the post-conservative Neoevangelicals. That manages to get me in trouble pretty much anywhere I go, but Jesus got in a lot of trouble, so I figure I'm in good company"

I really like this guys writings, reading his posts are like I've just taken a drink from a pure mountain stream; clean, clear and so refreshing.

Off I go to read more. Truth be told, I enjoy and get so much more out of stuff like this than I do sitting in a church pew listening to a sermon that is quite often so irrelevant to my life.

Blessings
Journey Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment