"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds . . ." Wm Shakespeare

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tis the Season . . . . again

The end of another year is here once again and this year, as in many years past, I am not where I thought I would be, either in physical location, job or emotionally & spiritually.

Nothing in my life has stayed the same, but for me this is a good thing. I'm not sure if I would even know how to live in one town, in one home for too many years in a row or work at the same job for years at a time. It's just never happened, not since I was 14 years old and we moved out of my birth home, and left my birth town. The longest I've lived in a home is 4 years and that only happened 2 or 3 times.

Regardless where I live, what my job is or where I hang my hat and call home, the changes that mean the most to me are the changes to my character, my emotional well-being and my spiritual growth.

It's true. The older I get the more I realize the truth of Matthew 6:20 - 21 ~ 'but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in or steal, for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also'.

I have very few personal possessions now. I gave most of it away, handed down the family heirlooms and purged things that really have no value to me any more. And I'm ok with that.

What I'm keeping for the rest of my life however, is my character, my emotional well-being and my relationship with God, these are the only 'things' I will take with me to the next phase of my life, the other stuff will not. The other stuff is what I will pass to my children and grandchildren, things that mean something to me and will remind them of a time gone by.

So, as I reflect on the past year I know it's been a tough year to walk through, but it's changed me in ways that a life of ease or of getting what I wanted may not have done . . . . and that's ok.

I'm looking forward, with anticipation, to see just how my life circumstances will change in the New Year, but for now . . . . for today, I am content.

Blessings to you as you journey into a brand new year full of change.
Journey Girl



No comments:

Post a Comment