"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds . . ." Wm Shakespeare

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Love ~ God's Way

Those of you who know me, know I've been reading Larry Crabb's book 66 Love Letters, a dialogue between the author and God. It goes from Genesis to Revelation with Crabb writing his conversation with God about God's message of Love in each book of the Bible.

To say this book has grabbed my attention would be a severe understatement. It has become my whole soul and spiritual attention, it is almost an obsession as it rambles through my thoughts regardless of any activity I'm involved in.

It follows me in observing others behaviors, it tracks in my mind during conversations I'm involved in and in listening to conversations around me. Questions and understanding revelations going helter~skelter through my mind, like a dual personality. I'm present on the outside to what is going on, but my mind is carrying on this dialogue with God on the inside.

Hard to explain but those of you who can be in a conversation with someone and be thinking of what you will cook for dinner at the same time will totally understand!!

Years ago I read my very first Larry Crabb book called Inside Out. It was life-changing to a degree back then, but I can see it was a very immature beginning to this life lived in and with God.

This book however, is calling for balance between a very loving Father and a most holy and righteous God. It's the balance He wants for each of us and reading it has turned my world Upside Down!

I will make this observation for myself in reading this ~ I would have been plunged into the depths of despair had I not first known, really really known, how deeply I am loved by God the Father. I think for me, reading this book has come at the perfect time for me, for my life at this point in time. I can see this so very clearly and am grateful for it.

This book is not an easy read. It has the potential to challenge the very fabric of your life, as it has mine. Every chapter thus far, I'm at Ezekiel now, has been read a minimum of two times and most of them read three or four. I cannot take it all in with one pass by. I've been writing my observations and questions in my journal. I have pages of questions and more pages of my own dialogue with God. Some of what Crabb writes resonates with my own experiences, but it has generated many other questions and conversations between God and me and it's good.

  • Don't read this book if you like your life as it is.
  • Don't read this book if you don't want a challenge.
  • Don't read this book if you don't want to be uncomfortable.

But . . . .
  • Read this book if more than anything else you want your relationship with God to supersede everything else.
  • Read this book if life has failed to enchant you.
  • Read this book if you are disappointed in life and people.
  • Read this book if present relationships let you down over and over.
  • And, Read this book if you just wonder if there is more to life.

If you decide to read it, take your time, talk to God about it and write down your thoughts and questions.

It is often said in the Bible, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear", this applies to this book also. There are so many things to hear God say, so many truths to see and I hope if you choose to read it, you will give God every opportunity to open your heart and mind to all He has for you.

May God bless you and keep you. May God make His face to shine upon you and give you much heart peace as you walk one day at a time on the Journey of your life.

Blessings,
Girl on a Journey



No comments:

Post a Comment