"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds . . ." Wm Shakespeare

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Loving God Unconditionally II


I was recently, actually this morning, reading a blog of another 'blogger' and found this poem. It's copyrighted and used with permission so I cannot re-write it here for you, but I'll post the link where I found it for you below . . . . anyway . . . .


It is exactly what I was trying to convey in my blog about loving God unconditionally in the good times and bad.


Not paying lip service, saying 'of course I love God' in a heads-only kind of assent, but when things are harder than we believe we can handle, knowing God can get us out of it but, for divine reasons He alone knows, He chooses not to ~ well, can we look Him in the face and love Him anyway when He withholds that from us?

She talks of sulking and ignoring Him, trying to freeze Him out , trying to manipulate Him into giving us our own way, yet still He loves us.


Here, I'll just let you read her poem and please do follow the link to her webpage and read more if you care to . . . .


I think I have a lot to learn about loving unconditionally.

Continuing my Journey of life . . . . Journey Girl

Go to: http://www.lifestream.org/ follow down to Wayne's Blog
Look through the August archives to: Words of Life from a World of Pain
Scroll down to her poem called "Held" this is the poem to which I refer to above.

If you like, go on . . . read through all of the things she writes, I bet you are challenged =)
See blog on Journey through Poetry on God knows my Need as it speaks to trusting God and believing he knows what is best. To me this is more on the theme of unconditionally loving God and being loved by God, a challenge to be sure.
blessings . . . . Journey Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment