"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds . . ." Wm Shakespeare

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Coming Home

It's said that you can never go back home again, well I'm here to say, yes you can.

After being away for 5 years, I moved back to my home town. I was pretty sure I didn't want to move back here, in fact I was dreading it. So being the pro-active gal that I am, I asked Abba, "Please give me something to love about this town ok, otherwise I'm not going to make it here."

I can tell you within one week, I was finding things I 'loved' about this place and a short time later found myself feeling quite happy and content and yes, even grateful for being back here. WOW, count me surprised!!

Another thing I discovered which was a surprise to me was that I belonged here. I don't have my own place, I'm living in a room at my sis and bro-in-laws, I have only a part time job, my stuff is in storage and I'm trying to figure out my life. But the reason I feel I belong is, even though I don't have a place to call my own and don't 'belong' to any work group or church or a home I belong in, I have a place in the hearts of my family and friends. They have made room for me and I can tell they truly do enjoy having me back, not just in the town, but back in their lives.

Basically, the reason I belong is because I belong in the heart of those who love me.

So yes, you can go back home again and perhaps find it a richer environment than when you left in the first place.

Blessings to you as you find that place where you belong, whether in hearts or an actual place.
Journey Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment