"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds . . ." Wm Shakespeare

Monday, July 12, 2010

Procrastination *sigh*

This has been bothering me for a few days now, so I looked it up and this is what it means:

1. to defer action, delay: to procrastinate until an opportunity is lost.

2. to put off till antoher day, time; defer; delay.

Well, as seen by definition, that is exactly what I am doing today.

Usually it isn't a big problem for me. I'm usually a 'get-at-it-and-gitter-done' kind of girl, but I've taken on a project that has me a bit bogged down and discovered, as I face the beginning of it each day, I can find a dozen other things I'd rather do, including writing about procrastination!

I wonder what our earth and all its creatures would look like if God procrastinated when He created it all.

Would there be parts of the world that didn't grow any vegetation because God was daydreaming how He was going to create the next thing on His list?

Would some animals have parts missing or not function properly because it wasn't finished in the exact timing because God got bored and went for a walk??

Would there be certain stars or planets that didn't spin in timely fashion and would our earth spin on it's axis as it's supposed to in order to sustain life?

The slightest hesitation on God's part could have had very far-reaching consequences for us all. Thank God He got it done and done right!!

Certainly my procrastination is not life threatening nor will it affect anyone's life but my own, but it does cause me to think about the whole concept . . . .

What if a bank teller procrastinated each morning when she was to open her till?
Most assuredly, the line-up of people would be inconvenienced leading to their frustration and she could end up losing her job.

What if a traffic sop daydreamed about better things to come as he enjoyed a coffee and donut, thus making everyone wait or causing traffic chaos while he put off the job he was to be doing?

I know I need to just get it done also. I know I'll be happy when I've put in a good days work on my project. I know I'll be glad when it's finished and I'll have that sense of well-being I get when I've done my best.

I also know it takes more energy procrastinating, thinking about starting it than actually working on it will . . . . . if only it didn't take me so long to just get at it ~ I'd probably be done now!!

Ok, ok . . . . I'm going to stop writing this and just begin . . . . .

Blessings as you walk along your own journey today ~ Girl on a Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment