"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds . . ." Wm Shakespeare

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Grandkids are Grand

There is nothing better than grandkids. As much as we love our children, when grandkids come along, there is so much more love available for them.

The part that's hard though, is watching them grow from the distance of your children being between you and the Grands and you have to take a step back and allow your children to make all the decisions regarding these little ones you love so much.

When things happen to your Grands, such as the Mosquito taking a bite out of this little Grand, it's hard to sit back. You want to gather them up and look after them. Of course your kids do a wonderful job, but we're older, have more wisdom right? After all, we've been through this before, we've raised our kids to be successful adults, so we must know how to do it right, right?

The thing I try to remember is how I did the best job I could to raise my kids and they will do equally well in raising their children, even if it's different than how I would do it, it will get done and done well.

I'm proud of my girls and so very proud of all my Grands, including my little Step-Grand.
The mother of this little Grand has taken care of this every bit as well as I would have, so I can rest assured my little Grands, all of them are being looked after very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment