"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds . . ." Wm Shakespeare

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

So much to write, not enough time!

When I think over the past month, so much has happened, it's hard for me to focus in on just one thing to write about.

I finished working at the seniors residence in Walkerton.

I gave notice to move out of my apartment at the end of March.

I passed down to my girls and other family members all the family heirlooms/antiques I had been carrying around with me for years.

I gave away my beloved Honda Accord, faithful companion for 12 years. Never has anyone had such a great vehicle!

I left Walkerton with a 10' U-Haul truck and with a dear friend drove across Canada to a new province, new town, new job and a whole host of new experiences.

What is left to talk about?

Well, I want to share a verse God kept bringing to mind: John 2:24, 25 - "But Jesus, on His part, was not entrusting Himself to them, for He knew all men, and because He did not need anyone to testify concerning man, for He Himself knew what was in man."

What on earth did God have in mind for me to learn with these verses? I wondered, is it a warning about someone in my life already? Was it someone I was going to meet? Was it about all the new people I would meet or just people in general?

Here I am, embarking on such a change, and He gives me these two verses. I looked them up to put it in context, I looked up in Strongs Concordance for original Greek meaning and thought to myself, 'is God saying I cannot trust anyone?' Well if that's the case, how am I going to make new friends?

I thought of all the relationships I've had over the years, the good, the bad and the ugly. I thought of all the betrayals, even the hurts that exist between two people who are such very dear friends and I thought of how Jesus related to His disciples even when He knew He would be betrayed.

In the end, I decided to say 'Thanks for sharing God, show me as I go along ok?' and know this ~ there is both good and evil in every man, woman and child. We have a great capacity to love and be good to our neighbour, but I also know we also have the capacity for great evil. So knowing this, that good and bad exist in everyone, the potential to betray and hurt others is in us all, I have come to the conclusion the only one who I can entrust myself to is God Himself.

It doesn't mean I give up on trusting others, it just means knowing what is in man (generic) I won't entrust my soul, my emotional well-being to anyone but God and thereby not be so very hurt, disappointed or feel so betrayed when I am treated less than I would hope to be.

Also, in knowing what is in man, I am included thus when I do something stupid and cause hurt to another, I can more readily accept the forgiveness I seek because I am also just a frail human being, but I'm that frail human who has the dearest and bestest of Fathers of All Fathers.

Blessings as you continue your journey in relationships . . . . Girl on a Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment